Customer Service Engineer
Customer Service Engineers
IQE Europe, Cardiff, UK
IQE is a leading global supplier of advanced semiconductor material offering the widest product range of any independent wafer supplier in the world. We operate 11 manufacturing facilities; two in Cardiff, one in Milton Keynes and one in Bath in the UK; five in the USA; one in Taiwan and one in Singapore. The Group also has 11 sales offices located in major economic centres worldwide.
The Customer Service Engineer will use their technical knowledge and sales skills to prepare quotes for our worldwide Customer base. They will proactively assist IQE to reach its sales targets. They will work closely with Sales and Operational teams to determine IQE’s technical and commercial ability to meet the bespoke needs of each Customer
They will directly engage with the Customer, when necessary, to discuss and negotiate on both technical and commercial terms before creating the controlled technical specification and the quote. They will co-ordinate release to the Customer along with all supporting information necessary to present IQE’s offer.
At the point of order they will have provided the necessary information to ensure fulfilment in line with Customer expectation and the requirements for export and trade compliance. They will regularly review progress with the planning and engineering teams and update the Customer or Sales Managers as required.
- To receive and process quote requests from IQE’s Customers
- To liaise with IQE Technical Point of Contact (TPOC) to ensure technical risk assessments are completed for all new parts
- To create the controlled specification in IQE database including epi-layer design, targets and tolerances
- Entry into IQE database of information captured during commercial and technical review to provide instruction to all relevant stakeholders
- Preparation of IQE quote with all supporting documents including terms and condition of sale
- To participate, as required, in discussion and negotiation with customers before and after order receipt.
- Assisting with the preparation and submission of export licence applications
- To liaise with IQE planning to ensure timely processing of POs and release of internal production orders
- To participate as required in customer visits and conference call activity
- Continuously assess best practise processes to develop and optimise efficiency of the department
- To ensure activities are conducted in compliance with legislative requirements, such as Export and HMRC
- Adhering to all internal safety, HR, environmental and quality guidelines & procedure
Hours of work
Monday - Friday; 8.30am - 5.00pm.
Graduate or equivalent in an engineering or physics discipline
Ability to read and interpret technical specifications.
Excellent attention to detail.
Able to plan and prioritise workload.
Able to work accurately and precisely to clear instructions.
Good team working skills
Experience in semiconductor growth within a manufacturing environment would be an advantage.
Experience in technical sales or customer service.