Mechanical/Electrical Maintenance Engineer
At QVC we know what we’re doing, we’ve been doing it really well for twenty years. Our customers trust us and we get closer to them than other retailers. We understand them, we look after them.
We are looking for a Automation/Mechanical Engineer to join our team in Knowsley, Liverpool, it’s a fast paced and diverse role and when we say that two days are never the same, we’re not kidding. Just look around our business and it’s easy to see why. You can find our channels on Freeview, Sky and Virgin Media and we’re online at qvcuk.com and via mobile and tablet apps. We sell big name brands for everything from Elemis to Bose, Giles Deacon to Dyson. Our business isn’t like any other business and you’ll love our people - we’re a friendly bunch.
There’s a lot to get excited about as you will be responsible for the continuous running of all plant and automation within the Distribution Centre including the undertaking of all maintenance routines required. First line contact for all engineering issues within the Distribution Centre, liaising with external providers as needed.
As Automation Engineer you will:
- Be first line engineering support for all automated processes throughout the Distribution Centre.
- Prioritise the rectification of breakdowns to ensure the DC maintains its customer service level.
- Sustain set targets (OEE, KPI & UPPH) using in depth knowledge and understanding of material flow & processing of all Distribution Centre operational departments.
- Complete planned preventative maintenance schedules on all of the DC engineering equipment to achieve KPI availability.
o This includes:-
- Electrical / electronic.
- Mechanical, Pneumatic, Hydraulic.
- Software, Siemens and Allen Bradley PLCs/ HMIs.
- Network:- Siemens Profibus and ASi.
- Safety systems.
- Analyse breakdown data and modify the maintenance routine to capture/ prevent reoccurrences of failures.( continuous improvements)
- AutoCAD: - Ensure all electrical / mechanical drawings are correct and that all changes and modifications are up to date.
- Undertake under direction a variety of projects in line with the department goals and objectives. These can range from a complete control system upgrade (Crisplant ) to a unique modification such as the OSL datum and tamp.
- Manage continuous improvement projects using Six SIGMA tools and techniques to ensure root-cause solutions are implemented. This can be as simple as changing a sensor to be more tolerant to products.
Ideally you will be:
- Time served Electrical/mechanical Engineer
- HNC/HND in Electrical Engineering
- NC and NVQ level 3 in mechanical engineering.
- Proficient in PLC fault finding/diagnostic skills, Siemens and Allen Bradley.
- Proficient in PLC / HMI programming Siemens and Allen Bradley.
- Able to work at height.
- Computer literate. Microsoft office suite.
- Ability to use Auto CAD to edit and amend drawings.
- Practice continuous improvement techniques such as Six SIGMA.