Assistant Accountant - £20,000 to 24,000 per annum + Benefits
Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently recruiting for market Leading Business based in Walsall who are looking to appoint a new Assistant Accountant on a permanent basis
The position of Assistant Accountant is integral to the delivery of property financial services to a varied client base. The role is to support the Senior Client accountant and/or Client accountant(s) to ensure services are delivered to a consistently high quality and standard, promptly and efficiently.
To include, but not restricted to:
- Supporting the Senior Client accountant and/or Client Accountant(s), with the delivery of a property accounting service to both Owner and Occupier clients
- May include direct responsibility for small client portfolios
- Responding to routine enquiries from Clients (correspondence, emails, telephone calls, etc.)
- Financial analysis e.g. analysing property expenditure, manipulating figures, reformatting imported information
- Managing data held on property databases and contributing to the establishment and improvement of robust processes to ensure accuracy.
- Liaise with Estate Managers to ensure that service charge budgets, both payable and receivable, are accurate
- Reviewing month-end property balances, bank balances and bank reconciliations, including chasing up and clearing of unreconciled items
- Preparation of period end reporting to Clients
- Preparing and submitting Client reports in absence of Senior Client Accountant /Client Accountants
- Dealing with Ad hoc reporting and requests
Service Charges and Cash Reconciliations are a fundamental part of what we do and the Assistant Accountant will be responsible along with the Client Accountant for:
- Completion of the Service Charge year ends including billing Balancing Charges to occupiers
- Completion of quarterly cash reconciliations of sub ledgers and ensuring any reconciling items are cleared in a timely manner.
- Has an awareness of wider team or department budget
Clients and Business Development
- Is proactive in building relationships with internal clients and responsive and helpful to external clients
- Functional or specialist competence with relevant understanding of business/ departmental context
- Completes own work under minimal supervision/guidance
- Can deal with novel or difficult situations within context of own function or specialism
- Active team player
- Shares expertise with colleagues
- Proactively communicates to colleagues and others
Systems and Process
- Manages, co-ordinates, implements and develops a range of important activities, processes, functions or relationships
- Makes some decisions within field of expertise
- Is conscious of process and takes steps to protect interests of the business
- Studying towards an accounting qualification e.g. CIMA / ACCA / AAT
- Property management and accounting packages for managing agents
- Advanced MS office
Proven work experience in a demanding financial environment is essential to your application for this role.
If this Assistant Accountant role is of interest is of interest do not hesitate in applying.