Night Awake Project Worker
Night Awake Project Worker, Longcroft, Lancaster
Langley House Trust has an opportunity for a Night Awake Project Worker to join our team based in Lancaster on a full time, permanent basis (working a minimum of 36 hours per week some of which will be unsocial). We are offering the successful candidate a competitive salary of £15,501 per annum.
Langley House Trust is an innovative national Christian charity that provides specialist housing, programmes and support services in the community for offenders seeking to live crime-free lives. Since 1958 we have earned an enviable reputation for reducing reoffending with proven results.
Regardless of a person’s history, our passion is to change every life for the better, working with people of all faiths and none.
Langley House Trust is a national Christian charity specialising in providing at-risk marginalised groups (including those leaving prison) with accommodation, support and rehabilitation in a supportive Christian environment.
As our Night Awake Project Worker you will be required to assist in the delivery of a stable and effective programme through the efficient delivery of the day-to-day service.
Responsibilities of our Night Awake Project Worker include:
- Take an active role in the assessment and management of risk including the operation of physical and situational security measures to control the level of risk posed to the public, staff and other service clients.
- Ensure that daily log sheets are maintained and that all relevant information is recorded and shared.
- Welcome visitors to the project ensuring that they do not place themselves or others at risk.
- Regularly fully utilise the Trust ‘Service Client File’ with designated service clients to ensure that they are supported and empowered to achieve appropriate outcomes.
- Take a full part in the project rota.
- Ensure that all medication within the project is managed in line with Trust policy and procedures.
- Ensure that service clients are able to participate as fully as possible in the life of the project.
- Support Service Client Inclusion and Training representatives so that they are equipped to reflect the views of other service clients at meetings and to assist with the management of complaints to seek resolutions.
- Promote and support service client involvement.
- Supervise and monitor the behaviour of service clients and to ensure that service clients comply with any statutory order, tenancy or house rules and to report deviations to your line manager.
- Take an active part in team meetings
To become our Night Awake Project Worker you must have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- IT literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office packages including Word
- Ability to work in a challenging and demanding environment
- Good communication skills & desire to care for people
- Able to deal discretely with delicate matters
- Fully supportive of equal opportunities for all
- Proven ability to work as part of a team
- Relates well to people of any background
If you are in harmony with the Christian ethos of our organisation and wish to join our team as our Night Awake Project Worker please click ‘Apply’ now!
Closing Date: 9th June 2017
We reserve the right to close earlier if we receive sufficient applicants. No Agencies or C.V’s
Please note that a satisfactory DBS check is required for all appointments within the Trust and that job offers will be subject to the Trust receiving satisfactory evidence of the successful applicant’s right to work in the UK.