Private Client Tax Manager
Role: Private Client Tax Manager
Salary: Circa 45,000+ Dependant on experience
Keywords: Private Client Tax Manager, Personal Tax Manager, Private Client Tax Assistant Manager, Personal Tax Assistant Manager
Location: Bristol (Commutable from Cardiff, Bath, Weston Super Mare, Taunton & Gloucestershire)
Ambridge Harris is working on an exciting new Private Client Tax Manager position based in Bristol for one of our esteemed Practice clients.
Our Client is looking for a full time permanent Private Client Tax Manager to sit within the Private Client Service (PCS) Centre of Excellence and is to assist the senior management team with quality assurance reviews of personal and trust self-assessment tax returns. The role can be based in either Bristol or Cardiff.
- Reviewing self-assessment tax returns using our dedicated software system for a variety of clients, including partners in professional practices, high net worth individuals, company executives, entrepreneurs and trusts
- Reviewing standard letters to clients enclosing their tax returns with a focus on ensuring matters of judgement made when preparing the tax return are clearly identified and all matters that may present a risk to the firm are considered and actioned accordingly;
- Resolving queries in order to finalise tax computations and liaising with client teams where this is appropriate;
- Working as part of a wider team to complete required volumes of work;
- Providing feedback, support and on-the-job training to the tax return preparation team;
- Identifying areas where the tax return process can be improved.
- Experience of working in personal tax, including management of clients and proven accountability for quality.
- Experience of reviewing personal tax returns. Ideally, you will also have experience of reviewing trust tax returns;
- Strong tax technical skills and a broad knowledge of personal tax. You must be ACA, ATT or CTA qualified (or equivalent qualification/experience)
- Ability to communicate effectively in face-to-face situations, on the telephone and by email
- Strong attention to detail and ability to stay calm under pressure
- Methodical and organised working skills
- Ability to follow defined procedures and protocols
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful
Ambridge Harris is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Ambridge Harris will not discriminate on unlawful grounds.