Occupational Health Advisor
Occupational Health Advisor
Salary: £37,000 per annum
We are looking for a qualified Occupational Health Advisor to join our Hampshire site. This is a fantastic opportunity to work alongside a team of dedicated professionals and experts that are truly some of the best in their field.
We are looking for a genuine team player who can work alongside a team of experts and industry professionals. You will receive all the support you need from our senior management team as we work together to bring success to this department and the company as a whole.
This is a fantastic opportunity to take on a new challenge with a fresh team on new premises.
You will receive all the training you need to fast track yourself to success. You will enjoy working closely alongside your experienced colleagues to deliver and maintain the highest levels of customer satisfaction that the industry has to offer.
This will be a full time role where the successful candidate will be required to deliver the full OH remit, including:
- Health Surveillance
- Case Management
- Drug and Alcohol testing
- Medical assessments.
- Skin Assessments
- Pre-placement questionnaires
Main duties will include:
- To provide appropriate expert, timely (reactive and proactive), effective and practicable advice to managers, staff and Human Resources in respect of OH related issues.
- Provide expert advice in respect of legislative requirements and best practice relating to OH function.
- To assess new clients presenting to Occupational Health whether in person or by written referral and initiate management of case.
- To assess client's fitness to work for the appropriate job role in line with the policies and guidelines and issue appropriate fitness certificates to the line manager, client and file copy.
- Develop and implement effective communication mechanisms, as directed, between the OH provision, managers, staff and colleagues in Human Resources.
- To write letters to GP/Specialists in line with the Access to Medical reports Act and Data Protection Act.
- To respond to client/manager's requests for support/information on the working environment.
- To maintain appropriate records in line with departmental protocols on record keeping
- To provide health surveillance in accordance with current legislation. Undertake a wider range of clinical activities by ensuring appropriate training, updating and monitoring of relevant training programmes.
- To provide positive, professional, accountable practice to ensure the advancement of nursing practice and the role of Occupational Health within the company.
- To work with the OH manager to review the Nursing skill mix and to develop and support ongoing recruitment.
- Registration with NMC Part 3
- OH Qualified
- Significant experience of working in an OHS environment in a nursing/advisory capacity, across a range of OHS activities
- Candidates must be able to drive and there are on-site parking facilities available
- Evidence of an up to date knowledge base of professional and specialist issues
- Sound educational background, including a good standard of numeracy and written English.
- Candidates must:
- Be Innovative and adaptable, with strong leadership and management skills
- Have the ability to work effectively independently and also within a team framework
- Be IT literate
- Demonstrate a self-motivated and proactive approach to work
- Be aware of own limitations
- Understand and support a flexible approach to team working
- Have the ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- We need someone who is motivated, flexible, approachable, and dependable.
HAVS trained would be a bonus but not essential. Must be able to work alone and make autonomous decisions.
For more information and or to apply please call Lydia Robinson on or email