Senior Social Worker - Child Protection and Court Proceedings CP Team - Redhill
Surrey County Council is committed to the development of its workforce and as such this role is only available to applicants who already work for Surrey County Council. We thank you for your interest in Surrey County Council and would encourage you to review our current vacancies which are available to all.
We are looking for confident and skilled social workers who are determined to achieve the best for children. Working for the Child Protection and Court Proceedings Team provides a real opportunity to make a difference. The Child Protection and Court Proceedings Team work directly with children and young people who are at risk of significant harm, ensuring that their wishes and feeling are heard and considered. We are looking for confident and skilled social workers who are determined to achieve the best for children. The role is for 36 hours per week based at Consort House, 5-7 Queensway, Redhill, Surrey, RH1 1YB.
In return for your time we can offer challenging and rewarding work as well as:
- £2,000 Start up package scheme (£1,000 in your first month’s pay, £1,000 in your sixth month)
- 28 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays (with option to buy and sell leave)
- Relocation allowance up to £8,000 (subject to criteria)
- A wide variety of training and development opportunities
- Flexible working options
- Commitment to Career Progression
- Childcare vouchers, season ticket loan and subsidised gym membership
- Many more benefits under our internal rewards scheme
About the Role
Senior social workers in Surrey not only carry a more complex caseload, they support and co-work cases with less experienced members of the team and supervise family support workers. There are a number of senior social worker posts in every team and we are looking for candidates with the right experience to join us. Alternatively senior social worker roles can be applied for once you have developed the level of experience required. If successful we will provide management, supervision and leadership training so you are equipped for this role and to be involved in the more strategic development of the Service.
The Child Protection and Court Proceedings Team work directly with children and young people who are at risk of significant harm, ensuring that their wishes and feeling are heard and considered. The work is varied and involves working with:
- families in the pre-proceedings process,
- public and private law proceedings,
- looked after children, and
- children who are subject to supervision orders or a child protection plan.
The team is made up of social workers, senior social workers, assistant team managers and a team manager, who work closely with partnership organisations, to reduce the risk to the children and their families. We recognise this work can be demanding and challenging, both emotionally and professionally and we support and encourage regular supervision and personal development. Working for the Child Protection and Court Proceedings Team provides a real opportunity to make a difference.
To be shortlisted to interview your CV and personal statement will clearly evidence:
- That you are a qualified social worker with HCPC and have a social work degree or recognised equivalent qualification.
- A broad knowledge of social work practice and legislation, including safeguarding.
- An ability to demonstrate excellent assessment and analysis skills.
An enhanced DBS (formerly known as the CRB (Criminal Records Bureau) will be required for this role.
For more information please find attached to the bottom of this advert a full job description and person specification. We look forward to receiving your application.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 21st May, 2017.
Interview date to be confirmed.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.