Category Specialist - IRC241106
Category Specialist (IRC241106)
UK Shared Business Services Ltd
Daresbury Laboratory, Warrington
At UK Shared Business Services Ltd (UK SBS), we support our clients by providing a range of professional business services such as Information Technology, Human Resources & Payroll, Finance & Procurement and Property Asset Management.
At UK SBS, service excellence means more than completing transactions; the organisation has been set up to deliver added value for our clients. This means our people make a big contribution to the value we offer through specialist knowledge and high standards of service.
Our clients include the UK’s seven Research Councils (RCUK), the Department of Business Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) and Partner Organisations.
At UK SBS we offer a great employee benefits scheme including 28 days holiday rising to 30 days after two years’ service, as well as a generous pension scheme, family friendly benefits, discounted leisure centre membership.
About the role
You will be on-site procurement support to the Daresbury Laboratory, providing procurement and commercial advice to the Daresbury Science community, and wider UK Science & Technology Facilities Council (STFC) and UKSBS customers. The role involves managing and running tenders of various value and complexity, and signposting scientists, engineers and other stakeholders to specific UK SBS commercial resources as appropriate.
Your duties will include:
- supporting the Daresbury Laboratory on procurement projects and activity
- running of procurement projects including all aspects of sourcing activity including requirement gathering, tendering, evaluation, advice and contract management
- assisting in the resolution of problems and issues as they arise
- supporting Senior Category Manager in the relationship management between the laboratory and UK SBS
- working as part of the UK SBS STFC support Major Projects team and within the wider UKSBS procurement team
- responsible for acting as a key contact between UKSBS Procurement and the Daresbury Laboratory.
You will have previous commercial experience and good stakeholder management skills. It is essential that you possess strong IT skills. It is advantageous if you have Public Sector experience, knowledge of OJEU processes and a MCIPS qualification however this is not essential.
UK SBS is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We would like to see the number of people with disabilities and those from ethnic minorities increase as a proportion of our workforce and so their applications are partic#larly welcome. At UK SBS, we value the diversity of our employees and strive to make decisions based on individual merit and ability.
Please note when you click on apply now you will be taken to our jobs board where you can see the full description and apply.
The closing date is 4th June 2017.