Opportunity to join a rapidly growing start-up company in the marketing space as a Financial Controller.
Your role will be broad, being involved in all areas of finance and acting as the company's go-to-person, allowing you to develop your accounting skills and to support the strategic development of the firm.
My client is a rapidly growing start-up company in the marketing space. As they develop highly effective algorithms to offer targeted marketing solutions to their clients, the company is becoming an increasingly dominant player in the advertising sector.
The company is enjoying a growth rate of nearly 80% and a turnover of 5 million, and is looking to bring in new talent as it expands into new areas of the market. With new clients such as Google and Facebook, the start-up company is clearly heading into the direction of success.
With a fun office space and a friendly, casual atmosphere, the start-up offers their employees a culture that anyone would enjoy.
As the financial controller, you will:
- Have ownership over the company's reporting, including management and statutory accounts
- Be involved in operational finance, including cash flow management and forecasting
- Produce budgeting and forecasting analysis and support
- Support all areas of the business, including HR, Sales, Secretarial, and Legal
- Act as the go-to-person for the business in all areas of finance
- Eventually recruit your own direct report to support the transactional duties of the company
- Report directly into the Financial Director, who will support the development of your skills and career at the firm
As the successful candidate, you will:
-Be newly or relatively recently qualified with ACA, ACCA, or CIMA
-Have strong academics at a top university
-Be numerically strong (Academics that reflect this are preferred, but not necessary)
-Straight out of a mid-tier or small-tier practice firm (preferred but not necessary)
-Have experience in producing accounts (Management accounts and/or statutory accounts)
-Experience in the media/PR/marketing space is preferred, but not necessary
-Be passionate about marketing and the success of a rapidly growing start-up
My client is offering the position of Financial Controller in a rapidly growing start-up company in the marketing space.
You will be offered a salary between £45,000 and £55,000 depending on experience.