Account Manager (New Business) - London
Our client currently has a great opportunity for a Account Manager to join their growing and dynamic team. This role is ideal for someone looking to continue a career in Sales and you will be offered plenty of opportunities to enable to take place. The offices are based in Clapham Common where they pride themselves on their friendly and approachable team!
Our client is a recognised leader in data-driven marketing technology, delivered via their cloud-based Marketing Suite product. They are the only company in the world to offer such a comprehensive Marketing Suite that unites customer insights, analytics, data quality and cross-channel marketing technology into a single platform.
Backed by the industry's highest-rated client services team and the world's largest consumer database, they provide more than 10,000 brands in more than 30 countries with unique competitive advantages through marketing services and technology!
The Account Manager will deliver against financial targets, focussing on expansion within existing accounts of an established client base as well as acquiring new accounts.
You will be a driven, determined and successful individual with proven sales track record. This is a challenging sales role working as part of a small, fun and close knit sales team in a fast paced environment where your contribution plays an integral part to the success of the team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The Account Manager will create and follow a business plan focussed on growing the value of the sector and meeting defined targets for new business.
- A combination of gap analysis and strategic account management tools will be used in order for the Account Manager to identify new fits for our client's products.
- Cold calling and regular meetings will be required in order to understand and identify new fits for our client's products. Regular forecasting on opportunities within the pipeline will be required.
- The successful candidate will be expected to manage their territory effectively. A typical week would be made up of three client visit days and two office days.
You will be measured on the following:
- Facilitate and drive performance management processes.
- Champion a culture where the fair treatment of customers is at the heart of our client's business. Ensure that by leading by example, you adhere to all regulatory requirements and apply appropriate controls in the interests of customers. Through the adoption of a top down approach, demonstrate a culture where all of our people understand their regulatory obligations, including what the fair treatment of customer’s means to them and our organisation.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
Graduate calibre candidate, ideally 2:1 minimum or equivalent qualifications
- High level of commercial awareness - identifying opportunities, structuring a deal, negotiating and closing sales.
- Proven ability to deliver consistent results against financial targets over an extended period of time.
- Ability to perform under pressure
- High personal drive and ability to influence internally and externally
- The ability to forecast accurately and consistently
- B2B Field sales experience ideally within the software market
- Strong communication, presentation and time management skills.