Accounts Payable Assistant
Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently recruiting for an Accounts Payable Assistant on a permanent basis paying between £18,000 - £22,000 per annum.
This Accounts Payable Assistant opportunity is based in Wolverhampton.
Provide a high-quality service to ensure that payments are authorised and processed on time and that financial records are complete, accurate and up to date and to assist in promoting financial control across the organisation and to provide clear information and pro-active support for all customers of the service.
Accounts Payable Assistant duties:
- Complete financial tasks such as invoice processing and payment, supplier statement reconciliation, following up supplier queries and maintaining the invoice filing system
- Process expenses and other payments as required, in an accurate and timely manner
- Process direct debit, credit card and travel service transactions on a timely basis, ensuring that all transactions are posted correctly in the financial system
- Follow established guidelines and procedures to ensure the accurate and timely upload of data and scanned documents into the financial system and contribute to improvements in the systems and processes
- Prepare account reconciliations per established guidelines and procedures
- Assist in the production of reports to manage and report on payment performance and provide information on identified issues
- Assist in the production of monthly reports on payment activity to meet transparency reporting obligations
- Provide customer-oriented support and guidance to suppliers and internal customers on processes to enable invoices to be approved and paid on a timely basis
- Produce month-end balance sheet reconciliation of Government Procurement Cards and GRIR reconciliation
- Review suspense account
- Bank Reconciliations and allocations
- Support the Finance Business Partners and Financial Accountants with Accounts Receivable processing
- Enter journals where necessary
- Experience of providing advice and guidance on payment processing to staff across all levels of the organisation
- Demonstrable IT skills relating to Excel spreadsheets, taking raw data and creating meaningful reports
- A strong customer service ethic with good written and spoken communication skills
- A team player able to support the organisation and colleagues as required
- Experience of working in a large complex organisation
- Proven knowledge of purchase ledger processing and supplier account management
- Knowledge of accountancy principles related to payments and liabilities
- Awareness of the importance of maintaining sound financial controls and procedures and use of delegated authority
- An accounting qualification or evidence of study towards a relevant qualification; qualified by experience
- Practical experience of using SAP by Design
Type of Experience:
- Familiarity with the end to end P2P process, and familiarity with modern financial IT/ERP systems and related processes
- A proven ability to work to a high degree of accuracy under pressure and with excellent attention to detail, whilst also meeting strict deadlines
- Previous experience as Accounts Payable Assistant or similar post
If this Accounts Payable Assistant role is of interest do not hesitate in applying!