Group Consolidation Accountant 12 month FTC
Immediate opportunity for a Qualified ACA/ ACCA/ CPA with Global experience and proven Global consolidation experience.
Required for a May / June start and able to commit to a 12 month fixed term contract. To be considered you must have solid experience of performing complex consolidations, including multi-currency, using IFRS with large organisation.
Proven 'end to end' process management skills with the strength of character to enforce disciplines whilst maintaining an adaptable approach.
The ability to liaise and enforce compliance across large geographically and culturally disparate groups is essential
Key Responsibilities for the Group Consolidation Accountant
Documenting the consolidation process and develop appropriate controls to operate on a monthly basis
- Performing the monthly group consolidation within agreed timelines
- Take ownership of and document all statutory and consolidation adjustments, ensuring independent review and approval
- Verification of the currency translation reserve and tracking of historical balances including recycling of balances on disposal
- Ownership of the relationship with group finance on all consolidation matters, including escalating issues in a clear manner to allow timely resolution
- Drive improved efficiency of the group’s consolidation processes for month end close including liaising with the appropriate IT team members and SME’s for system development
- In conjunction with IT and FP&A source tools to allow a single source of information with consolidated reporting capabilities