Interim Payroll Manager
A leading FTSE leisure business requires a Payroll Manager on a 12 month fixed term contract.
The Payroll Manager will be responsible for ensuring the timeliness, accuracy and integrity of the payroll team output. With a team of three, led by the payroll team leader, you will be responsible for ensuring all staff, 4000+, are paid on a timely basis and all necessary returns (eg HMRC) and filings are made within required deadlines. In addition you will be responsible for complying with any new legislative requirements.
The Payroll Manager will also manage the banking and cash team (3 people) who are responsible for ensuring all sites daily cash sheet returns are recorded accurately and reconciled on a daily basis.
Both teams are responsible for significant volumes of data with accuracy and time lines being paramount, so it is therefore essential that the individual has a very high attention to detail and experience of managing transactional based teams.
The role is responsible for payroll, cash and banking for the business.
Responsibilities around payroll;
- Weekly and monthly payroll run review (over 4000 staff)
- Approval of BACS (bi-monthly)
- Reporting of payroll costs for management accounts and other management reports
- Completion of any payroll related paperwork (e.g. Pensions)
- Posting of pension journals
- Continual review and assessment of management controls processes covering the payroll function
- Completion of the annual Head Office payroll budget
- Providing year end payroll analysis for the auditors (including payroll reconciliation, head count analysis, bonus schedules).
- The successful candidate will have a strong background in Finance, preferably ACCA, CIMA, ACA or AAT qualified.
- Previous management of a payroll function (essential) and banking & cash functions (preferable)
- Management of transactional functions responsible for reviewing balance sheet reconciliations
- Desirable: Good understanding of IT systems, Zonal, IBM TM1
- Desirable: reporting and analysis experience