Seeking an ACA, CIMA or ACCA Newly qualified Management Accountant
About the Role
Reporting to the Financial Controller the successful applicant will undertake the following responsibilities:
- Monthly preparation and draft commentary on the consolidated monthly accounts.
- Drafting year end and interim financial statements.
- Preparing audit working papers.
- Preparation and posting of month end journals.
- Monthly project reporting for key budget stakeholders.
- Preparation and submission of VAT, PAYE and settlement agreement and other statutory returns.
- Review of purchase ledger clerks work reconciliation of key purchase ledger accounts.
- Treasury overview including posting and maintenance of cashbooks and bank reconciliations.
- Supporting the Financial Controller in periodic tasks such as forecasting and budgeting.
- Preparation of key balance sheet reconciliations.
About Our Client
West Sussex retail client enjoying substantial growth over the last 5 years.
Must be a CIMA/ACCA/ACA Newly qualified accountant. Experience of successfully implementing change with previous role. Hands on experience of general ledger maintenance and reconciliations. Advanced knowledge of Excel.
Things you should know
Free parking, subsidised canteen, pension, 25 days holiday, study support, career progression
Commutable from Redhill, Reigate, Leatherhead, Epsom, Croydon, Horsham, Crawley, Dorking, Burgess Hill, Brighton, Haywards Heath, Worthing and Guildford.
Howett Thorpe recruit for roles within accounts payable, credit control, payroll also covering accounts assistants, audit, management accounts, financial accounts, analysts, financial controllers, financial directors, corporate finance, tax including all part qualified and qualified vacancies.
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of £150 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of £25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)