Product Certification Assessor (Insulation)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the construction industry.
- Higher qualification in Physics or Mathematics or equivalent within a relevant technical discipline such as building physics/construction.
- Good knowledge of Construction products and systems specific to insulation materials.
- Building Regulations and relevant standards.
- Strong technical background with an understanding & analysis of technical matters, particularly related to Geo Technical and Civil Engineering fields.
- Good computer skills including Word, Power point, Excel and email.
- Strong planning, organisational and scheduling.
- Analytical report writing skills.
- Effective communication both verbal and written.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Efficient, flexible, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong literacy and numeracy skills.
- Ability to optimise the use of resources to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task as working on several contracts at a time.
- Construction industry in general.
- Site experience.
- Project management.
- Timely delivery and efficient completion of contracts.
- Understanding of product specification standards, technical standards, code of practice, National Housing and Building council (NHBC) requirement and UK regulations.
- European requirements such as CPR - Construction Products Regulations, notified bodies and certification bodies.
- Understanding of accreditation and use of accredited laboratories.
- Experience in u value calculation and condensation risk analysis.
- Membership of a relevant technical/professional body such as Energy Institute, Science Council, Chartered Institution for Building Services and Engineers, Institute of Mineral, Mines and Materials.
Purpose of Job
The main purpose of the Product Certification Assessor is to plan, co-ordinate and carry out assessments of construction products and systems. You will be managing multiple projects where you will be expected to prepare contract offers and estimates for the assessment of various types of construction products and systems related to insulation. The job holder will be required to research and investigate aspects of construction product/system performance, work as part of a team contributing to team and individual targets and objectives and regularly converse with clients ensuring you maintain good quality and standards at all times.
Main Duties / Responsibilities:
Contract Preparation and Planning Duties
- Prepare contract offers for assessments, ensuring that they are proportionate and realistic for the work to be done and that they are delivered within agreed timescales.
- Plan allocated assessments and produce, maintain and update detailed work programmes.
- Draft Certificates and Reports, seek and take due regard of comments thereon and arrange production of documents for publication.
Product Assessment and Research Duties
- Research and investigate aspects of construction product/system performance as required.
- Assess the fitness for purpose of construction products and systems within contract periods and price estimates.
- Co-ordinate all work and activities involved in assessments, including sub-contracting work, e.g. testing and inspection of production.
- Ensure that satisfactory information and data is available for the timely progress and completion of assessments.
- Carry out Certificate maintenance tasks, such as assessment of factory surveillance reports, as required.
- Monitor progress on allocated work and adjust priorities as required.
- Seek information and clarification from others as required, e.g. Test, the potential client, technical experts, etc.
- Ensure that work is carried out with integrity, objectively and without fear or favour in accordance with all relevant policies and procedures.
- Skilled in or willing to learn to carry out U values (thermal transmittance) calculations and condensation risk analysis ensuring effective completeness of works.
Wilde Associates is working in the capacity of an Employment Agency for this vacancy.