Clinical Psychologist £45000k P/A Ebbw Vale/ Adults & Younger Adults
Clinical Psychology has a key role in the team providing a robust assement including risk , formulations and intervention with the service users along with analysis of outcome measures. Also supervision , consultation and training to a wide range of staff as part of psychologically informed services
The post holder will be responsible for delivering and leading highly specialist clinical care to their caseload. In doing so, they will assess, plan, deliver and evaluate patient centred programmes of care ensuring that they practice within their sphere of competence and knowledge. The post holder will work to professional and regulatory body codes, standards and guidance at all times ensuring that their practice is grounded in evidence based theoretical and practical knowledge. They will be responsible for developing new and innovative clinical practices responding to emerging knowledge and techniques and working with other services where appropriate to make improvements.
- Utilises highly developed specialised knowledge covering a range of procedures and underpinned by relevant broad based knowledge, experience and competence
- Where appropriate to service delivery, demonstrates highly developed physical skills requiring accuracy and dexterity e.g. moving and handling techniques, clinical procedures, diagnostic tests
- Demonstrates independent practice responding to social, scientific, clinical and ethical issues which are encountered
- Makes complex judgements requiring analysis, interpretation and comparison of options by integrating complex knowledge sources in new and/or unfamiliar contexts
- Responsible for clinical pathways appropriate to field of work
- Engages and actively involves the individual and, if appropriate, their family/carer, in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of programmes of treatment and/or care by using person-centred techniques to promote a culture of self care and empowerment
- Works to standards of proficiency identified by their professional and regulatory bodies performing clinical treatments/procedures to a highly specialist standard deciding when to refer to others as appropriate.
Prioritises their own workload and that of the wider team within agreed objectives deciding when to refer to others as appropriate.
- Provides and receives complex, sensitive or contentious information where motivational, persuasive, empathetic, negotiating and reassurance skills are required whilst demonstrating an understanding of barriers to communication
- Approaches each individual with care, compassion and sensitivity ensuring that these values are reflected in all aspects of role including the management of complaints and compliments.
Whats in it for you?
- £45,000 base salary with oncall allwence
- Great work life balance
- Work with state of the art facility
- Free parking
- Monday - Friday only