PR Account Manager
FR Recruitment are representing an ambitious, leading PR agency specialising in the Hospitality, Leisure and Tourism sectors who, due to continued success and growth are keen to bring on board an experienced PR Account Manager.
Our client is on the hunt for its next critical hire to deliver outstanding service and innovative campaigns to clients from all corners of the hospitality, leisure and tourism industries.
You may be from Agency or In-house and you could be an experienced PR Account Manager looking for a change or a Senior Account Executive ready for the step up.
Fast-paced, hands-on and renowned for it’s clever communications advice, they are making serious noise in their sector. With a client base that spans leading event venues, industry suppliers, hotels, pubs, drinks products, trade associations and major exhibitions, plus a reputation that wins us business through word of mouth, they promise exciting new challenges for an energetic, motivated individual keen to develop his/her B2B credentials.
You will be eager to make your mark in this growing, integrated agency with big ambitions and you will be excited about the prospect of developing the reputation of the business and the results we deliver to our clients. You will relish the opportunity to be client facing and directly accountable for the implementation and delivery of the campaigns you devise. You’ll also be eager to get involved in new business pitches and creative brainstorming for all of their clients, whether B2B or B2C.
Main purpose of the role:
To support the work of the business in delivering outstanding service and innovative campaigns to all existing and potential clients. This role will enable them to continue to grow rapidly within the Hospitality, Tourism and Leisure industries. In addition to supporting and managing clients, the Account Manager will be responsible for maintaining exceptional relationships with clients, suppliers and the media to secure continued success for the business.
- 3+ years PR & Marketing experience, preferably B2B but B2C will not be overlooked.
- Passionate about the hospitality and events industry.
- We’re an eclectic team whose hobbies help bolster our reputation as hospitality sector specialists
- Creative, strategic and fearless - we’re looking for brave, witty ideas that deliver measurable results and a sharp communicator with the gravitas to inspire, advise and make recommendations to clients. Proactive and hungry "what else?" personality, keen to hunt down opportunities for clients to share knowledge, comment on industry trends and be positioned as influencers.
- Experienced copywriter and enthusiastic storyteller, able to turn your hand to press releases, website copy, email newsletters and award entries - all with excellent spelling and grammar.
- Superbly organised, with significant experience managing multiple, concurrent project deadlines.
- Calm and logical under pressure.
- A whizz at creating and updating comprehensive PR/marketing plans, measuring results and reporting outcomes.
- Confident managing clients, the media, freelance staff and suppliers. You mustn’t be afraid to pick up the phone.
- Experience managing direct reports would be advantageous.
- Qualifications in PR or marketing are desirable and seen as an advantage.
- Responsible for all PR activities carried out by this integrated agency
- Strategic direction and hands-on implementation of PR and Marketing programmes
- Ensuring integration with other communications activities
- Managing and delivering formalised planning, monitoring and reporting
- Regular copywriter for other activities including advertising, direct mail, literature and web
- Managing clients, the media, colleagues, freelance staff and suppliers
- Attend and steer meetings with clients, media and suppliers
- Maintain an excellent knowledge of the media and the industry and build relationships with key influencers.
- Plan and organise events on behalf of clients
- Responsibility for managing all contact reports and updating clients regularly by phone, in person and by email when required.
- Source ideas for features, events, opinions and surveys on behalf of our clients.
- Maintain knowledge of trends and news in the Hospitality, Tourism and Leisure industries on a regular basis and provide information back to the team during weekly meetings.
- Ensure all projects run to deadline and budget using the existing internal process.
- Researching and attending events to further develop your knowledge in PR, Social Media and the industry.
- Being a proactive participant in the hospitality industry
NOTE: This role is easily accessible by train from: South London, Reading, Basingstoke and surround if you are not local to Weybridge