Independent School is currently looking for a School Secretary
Hours: Monday - Friday (8.45 am -5.15 pm)
Supervisor: Admin Manager
School year: Approx. 42 weeks a year across three terms.
Entitlement: 10 weeks taken within the school’s set holidays.
period : Six months
This position has a key role in the day to day organisation and operation of our independent school for children with Autistic Spectrum Disorders. The post holder will support the Senior Leadership Team in their daily work. This person will be expected to understand the confidential nature of the work of the school and at all times be discreet and professional in his/her relations with staff, parents and all outside visitors/professionals
Secretarial and Admin duties
- Assist Admin Manager with all Human Resources, Health & Safety and Premises correspondence.
- Daily use of the Schools Management System -School Pod. Confidential data input.
- Assist with processing relevant data and producing reports as required
- Recording/monitor staff training records to ensure statutory requirements met
- Provide secretarial and clerical support to the Senior Leadership Team (SLT)
- Record and circulate staff meeting minutes. Maintain and follow up rolling action points.
- Recording/monitor staff training records.
- Assist in producing school documentation for SLT.
- Maintain confidential pupil files and other records.
- Assist with pupil welfare matters, including contacting parents and staff.
- Keep engagement diary and arrange appointments for the Headteacher.
- Receive visitors and telephone enquiries and answer queries personally where appropriate.
- Assist with maintenance of School website.
- Compose routine correspondence on own initiative, or with guidance.
- Manage agreed catering and stationery budget
- Ordering of equipment once authorised
- Obtaining and monitoring petty cash expenditure.
- Receiving deliveries into the school and ensure that all deliveries to the school are checked.
- Collecting and banking all monies received into the office
- Ensure that the school office is tidy and well presented at all times
- Undertake any additional projects as requested by School Director/Admin Manager
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment