Learning Disabilities, complex needs
£25,500 plus bonus
Full time, permanent
Newlife Healthcare are working in partnership with an organisation, which provides support for people with Learning Disabilities, Autism, Mental Health needs and specialised support for individuals with Acquired Brain Injuries and complex needs. They deliver responsive, flexible and specialist support in registered residential and supported living settings across England and Wales.
Our client has been supporting vulnerable adults for many years and have many accreditations and awards that they are extremely proud of such as Independent Care Operator, Investors in People, Headway Approved provider status and accreditation from the National Autistic Society to name a few!
We are supporting our client with the recruitment of a Residential Manager for their service in Northamptonshire. The service provides accommodation and personal care for up to three adults with a dual diagnosis of mental health or challenging needs associated with their learning disability, within a comfortable and homely residential environment.
The service promotes the "active support model", whichencourages the individual’s involvement in every aspect of their life and through planned interventions and mentoring enables skill development. This person-centred approach has led to the residents to be fully engaged in their review process and making positive life changes based on their person-centred profiles.
We are looking for a Residential Manager who has previous experience of supporting individuals with Learning Disabilities or complex needs. You will be a positive, enthusiastic and passionate Residential Manager who is dedicated to make a real difference to individuals lives and promoting independence.
You will work closely with your team offering close supervision, mentoring and training to enable them to perform to the highest level in their day to day job, ensuring quality care and support is provided to individuals at all times. You will also encourage a culture where people can raise concerns about safety or any other concerns they may feel within the workplace, to openly share ideas and actively promote team work!
To apply for the Residential Manager role, we are looking for the following skills / experience:
- Previous experience of managing and leading a team
- Broad experience of managing people, service and quality within Mental Health and Learning Disabilities
- Excellent knowledge of CQC legislation, updates, changes and best practice
- Holds a QCF 5 in Health and Social Care or willing to work towards
- Committed to supporting people to live lifestyles of their choosing
- Demonstrates positive values
- Ability to promote and maintain independence, choice and respect
- Excellent time management and organisational skills and the ability to work on own initiative
- Salary £25,500 per annum plus bonus
- 32 days’ annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Comprehensive induction and training
- Childcare Vouchers
- Auto enrolment pension
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, email a full and current cv asap quoting reference - Residential Manager - Northants