Our client, A niche SME Manufacturing/engineering business in the Runcorn area is looking to appoint an experienced Financial Controller as they enter an exciting period of growth.
Reporting to the Managing Director and managing a small finance team, the Financial Controller will take full responsibility for the day to day running of the finance function including all transactional processing activities.
As Financial Controller your main responsibilities will include;
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Analyse and improve business processes and optimize workflows
- Support further M&A activities
In addition to your core responsibilities, the Financial Controller will be expected to work closely with Sales Managers to identify potential risks and maximise profits as well as operational efficiency. You will consistently challenge the Senior Management Team by producing in depth sales analysis, monitoring on-going projects, WIP and project spend.
The ideal candidate will be a fully qualified CIMA, ACCA, ACA Financial Controller with a proven track record in developing existing processes and procedures, ideally within an SME environment. You will have ideally worked within a project related environment and possess excellent interpersonal skills.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a friendly and innovative organisation that can offer a sound platform and full autonomy for the successful candidate to make a real impact in a friendly, stable working environment.