An expanding construction services business based in Birmingham has experienced record growth in 2016 with similar growth forecasted for 2017 and beyond. As such, they have created a new role in their finance team for a Group Financial Accountant.
Supporting the Group FC and working closely in conjunction with the Group Management Accountant, you will help bring a level of technical accounting expertise to the finance team in order to ably support current and continued growth. In a diverse and autonomous role, you will be charged with preparing statutory accounts and financial reports for various divisions of this business, assisting entities and the group through the year-end and audit processes, reconciliation and ownership of accounts and reports for all group companies and providing financial analysis on the performance of the group (and the factors that drive this performance). Additionally, you will provide financial support to various people in the business to ensure wider implications of decisions are understood, as well as helping to embed an improved understanding of financial and statutory accounting across the business as a whole.
As this is a newly-created position for this emergent business, there will be some element of 'creative license' when it comes to managing and creating your workload - meaning you will have a unique opportunity to get involved with much more than simply financial accounting in a business that is evolving and growing rapidly. Therefore the opportunity for your own role to evolve is not only clear, but requisite to keep pace with the rate of evolution that the company is experiencing. Great career opportunities, as you might imagine.
- This opportunity might be very well suited to someone who has recently qualified (ACA or ACCA) in a practice environment and who is looking for their first step into the world of industry. However people with a differing background (but with a passion for, and experience in, financial accounting) will of course be considered.
- You should have good working knowledge of Financial Accounting and recent updates to legislature surrounding it.
- The opportunity is going to require someone who is driven and ambitious, and someone who will challenge themselves in the quest for continual improvement of themselves and development of their career.
- You will be an excellent communicator, at ease liaising effectively with people at all levels and from all backgrounds (i.e. ability to influence senior people in a delicate yet powerful way, ability to tailor your language and style to accommodate your audience, etc.)
Why this opportunity?
- This business really is growing at a tremendous rate. Anyone lucky enough to be with the business during this time will understandably be going along for the ride, reaping the associated benefits of professional development and career progression.
- This role is a brand new one within the business. This will allow you to put your own stamp on things, create the boundaries of the role and allow you to get involved in a much wider area than just providing financial accounting support.
- Working closely with an experienced and talented Group FC who is looking for people that he can pass on work to as his own progression gathers pace. The opportunity to step into his shoes gradually over coming years is evident.
A chance for an ambitious financial accountant to join one of the UKs fastest growing businesses, to create the boundaries of their role, to make a real mark on a wide audience of senior leaders and to experience unrivalled opportunities of professional and career development.