I am now looking to recruit a Process Engineer for a global, Manufacturing and Engineering organisation based in the Rotherham, South Yorkshire area. As the Process Engineer you will be responsible for leading, promoting and implementing Lean within organisation. You will have a passion for continuous improvement and continually looking for ways to make processes and systems more efficient.
Based in Rotherham, South Yorkshire my client are a large, global manufacturing and Engineering organisation who have a number of sites spread across the UK. Due to internal changes the business now require the recruitment of a Process Engineer to support the continuous improvement philosophy of the Company.
As the Process Engineer you will be based at the Rotherham, South Yorkshire production facility, and will be responsible for leading, promoting and implementing Lean within organisation. You will have a passion for continuous improvement and continually looking for ways to make processes and systems more efficient.
Other Duties Include:
- Achieve monthly sustainable cost reductions - focusing on agreed programmes, processes and parts
- Take ownership for the Manufacturing Excellence activities and budgeted improvements
- Implementation of Lean/Continuous improvement principles throughout the module
- Ownership/team member of Policy Deployment improvements
- Improve process control to ensure each process is fully in control, predictable and repeatable
- Support the Module Quality Engineer to investigate process controls, and implement improvement
- Ongoing implementation of Standard Operations, process training and process assessment
- Increase process standardisation, reducing complexity
- Workstation improvements, utilising lean principles to improve efficiency
- Waste identification and minimisation
- Reporting weekly and monthly cost down progress
- Ownership of Lean charts/graphs/measures
To apply for the Process Engineer position in Rotherham, south Yorkshire you will have:
- Engineering Degree/HNC in an Engineering Discipline an advantage
- Experience within the aerospace/automotive would be an advantage
- Experience within the polymer industry would be helpful but not essential
- Ability to read engineering drawings and specification
Please apply for more information - Salary £25,000-£32,000 (Depending on Experience).