Reporting Assistant Accountant
A large financial services company based in central London are currently seeking a part qualified experienced Reporting Assistant Accountant to join their team on a permanent basis.
This is a great opportunity for someone who has graduated in a relevant degree level qualification and been in a working environment for the past 2 - 4 years whilst continuing to study ACCA or CIMA.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
* Assist in completion of quarterly reporting requirements.
* Assist in quarterly investment results reporting.
* Assistance with preparation of annual statutory accounts for the UK insurance entities and smaller companies and supporting analytical review, analysis and reporting.
* Assist in branch reporting and support the Tax Team on corporation tax reporting for the annual accounts.
* Assist with completion and submission of other non-regulatory insurance data requests.
* Assist in in preparation of quarterly CFO report for the combined International platform and individual legal entity results for the Audit Committee and Board of Directors meetings, including analytical review and analysis of US GAAP and UK GAAP legal entity balance sheets, income statements and cash flows.
* Assist in cover holder and reviews through the year to the Compliance department.
* Involvement in ad-hoc reporting activities.
Ideally, we are looking for someone who has experience within the Financial Services sector but will consider people without this experience.
The successful candidate will:
* You must have experience and a thorough understanding of working with UK and US GAAP, financial reporting, general analysis, producing statutory accounts, corporation tax reporting and cash flow analysis.
* Be part qualified/actively studying towards ACCA or CIMA (AAT will not be considered)
* Have strong Excel skills including VlookUp's and PivotTables (macros would be very beneficial)
* Poses a degree in a relevant qualification i.e. Mathematics or Finance and Accountancy.
* Experience in working with Peoplesoft would be advantageous.
* Have a professional, positive, reliable attitude. Must be reliable, enthusiastic and self motivated.
The company are offering a competitive benefits package which will be confirmed at interview stage.
Please quote 40716 when calling Alexander Lloyd on and ask for our Accountancy and Finance division. This is only one of many vacancies we are handling. Alexander Lloyd Finance and Accountancy is the leading recruiter of part-qualified Accountants, Financial and Management Accountants, Financial Controllers, and Finance Directors across Surrey, Sussex, London and Kent.
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from one of our consultants you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website www.alexanderlloyd.co.uk for any other roles which may be of interest.