Investigo are currently partnering a rapidly growing retail business who are now looking for a qualified Financial Controller to join their vibrant team.
Exciting times are ahead for this organisation - steady growth and major investment are driving the business forward and now it is time to build a scalable finance function.
The successful individual will be qualified and have strong retail exposure - a practice background would be advantageous but not essential. What is important is the ability to handle technical accounting including statutory accounting and be aware of FRS102 which is the reporting standard due to be adopted.
This is a unique opportunity for someone make their mark and implement controls, SOP and best practice - essentially a blank page for the successful individual to use their previous experience to develop a top-class function. This role reports directly into the Head of Finance and has line management responsibility for two Assistants who cover AR, AP and cash management. Previous line management experience is needed.
In return you will be working with an amazing business where the balance between work and fun is appreciated.
- A team player above all, who demonstrates real value in the method of completing tasks rather than simply delivering the task itself.
- Ability to not only plan but to plan in the context of the business and manage the plan when faced with conflicting priorities.
- Attention to detail
- Advanced Excel skills with desire to learn report building skills
- Ability to implement controls and continuous process improvement
- Experience working for a SME with high performance organic growth