Billings Supervisor - Medical Background
To ensure prompt billing and increase the profile of the billing team whilst establishing close working relationships with the Sales and Sales Administration teams.
A private medical firm based in Central London.
- Take overall responsibility for patient billing, embassy billing and any other ad hoc billing as required by the Head of Credit Control (Patient Debt Collection).
- Solely responsible for insurance billing, daily health-code billing and resolving rejections from insurance companies. This includes contacting practices and patients for missing billing information etc.
- Managing the billing inbox (for example but not limited to; assisting with changing existing processes / providing cover for staff absences / catch-up on back logs).
- Assist the Head of Credit Control (Patient Debt Collection) with managing the billing assistants.
- Assist the billing team with raising invoices and credit notes as required by the Sales and Marketing Team or Head of Credit Control (Patient Debt Collection).
- Support the Head of Credit Control (Patient Debt Collection) in delivering the team's objectives through demonstrating an understanding of the relevance of key tasks and how they impact on targets and KPI's.
- Assist the wider credit control team when necessary (for example, handling telephone queries and enquiries from practices, insurance companies and individuals etc.).
- Act as an escalation point for billing queries from the credit control team and act as a support for the team in resolving queries or dealing with difficult customers.
- Escalation of any issues on a timely basis to management.
- Establish a professional working relationship with the Credit Control Supervisor (Patient Team) to identify where existing processes can be improved and assist with the implementation of changed processes.
- Establishing and managing professional relationships with insurance companies and embassies.
- Any ad hoc projects as required by the Head of Credit Control (Patient Debt Collection) and the Group Financial Controller.
Good general standard of education.
Demonstrate basic understanding of invoices.
Experience of liaising with members of the public and corporate companies at all levels.
Experience of liaising with staff at all levels.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
Skilled in use of Microsoft Office.
Experience of invoicing.
Commitment to working the hours required to fulfil the job, including flexibility of working.
£36,000 plus benefits