Night Concierge - Traditional block
3 on 3 off 12 Hour Shifts
An experienced Concierge required for a traditional block of residential flats in central London.
The residents and directors are keen for someone with residential experience to patrol the development, maintain exceptional customer service throughout their shift as well as assisting residents with any requests/luggage/parcels etc.
- To meet and greet the residents, answer enquiries by telephone or callers to the desk. Assist the residents, guests and visitors with job tasks and individual requests to be dealt with efficiently whilst maintaining reception cover.
- To ensure that the highest levels of customer care and service are maintained at all times. Deal effectively with complaints, take the correct action and remain courteous at all times.
- The Night Porter is to maintain a clean and smart appearance at all times, wearing either the staff uniform or a suit.
- The Night Porter should ensure effective security of residents and the building at all times including manning any CCTV and aid the smooth running of car parking facilities.
- Check and screen all visitors and guests and any contractor staff, ensuring they have permission to be present in the building. Report any suspicious/unusual behaviour, calling the police if necessary.
- Correct reporting of any security/Health & Safety issues, incidents and complaints. Taking appropriate action in the event of an emergency.
- Responsibility for all deliveries to main reception desk, receiving and safekeeping of all parcels/registered mail. Correct issuing of all parcels/registered mail with a record, which must be signed by residents. Notify residents of any deliveries to arrange collection from the front desk.
- The Night Porter is responsible for issuing of keys only to correct personnel/residents whilst recording at all times the signing in and out of keys.
- Responsibility for the site fire and emergency procedures policy and ensure that relevant preventative measures are undertaken.
- Pro-actively deal with any maintenance and cleaning problems identified within the Estate and regularly carry out site inspections to identify any problems.
- Assist the Resident Head Porter with any other reasonable duties as requested.
- It is essential the Night Porter is able to give a clear and concise handover at the end of the shift, highlighting any events that have occurred and forthcoming events.
- Residential block experience as a concierge is essential
- A smart appearance and very good spoken English
- A willingness to patrol and be active - this is not a role for someone to just sit down in.
- Someone available on short notice