Compliance Manager - Insurance exp essential
A major Global Insurance Group seeks a Compliance Manager to assist in the monitoring and oversight of compliance matters, with particular regard to the monitoring of its Agency delegated authority arrangements and to assist the Compliance function on all compliance related matters.
Candidates will have two years' + experience in an insurance compliance role, knowledge of the working practices and expectations of the FCA; European and local legislation & directives, including Solvency II. Good understanding of the FCA's high level principles, conduct of business rules and ICOBS. A detailed understanding of wholesale and retail insurance business and the conduct risks which attach to these products.
The role is to manage the - Participation in the on-going conduct risk strategy and control framework, with particular focus on effective monitoring and oversight of Insurance Agents and the wider business. Development of compliance processes in accordance with market practice and to meet regulatory expectation.
- Ensure that policies are implemented and embedded in the business correctly using an appropriate oversight and control framework.
- Provide solutions and local guidance to financial crime risks in compliance
- Analysis of regulatory publications and thematic reviews to identify potential risks. Update and produce policies and procedures with the development of suitable compliance processes as required.
- Undertake review of client on-boarding and due diligence of prospective new commercial relationships. Ensure all outsourced arrangements meet Group Compliance policies.
- Co-ordinate and participate in project work as requested by other business areas or directed by the Head of Compliance.
- Close collaboration with operational risk colleagues to assess the risk impacts of new legislation and regulation. Support annual risk and control (ICS) assessments as required.
- Contribute towards the progression of the compliance management system and monitoring plan.