Our Successful and growing client based in Tonbridge is looking to recruit an experienced Purchasing Manager.
Reporting directly the MD your role will be to manage the company's supply chain and procurement processes, by effectively developing and implementing cost reductions and delivering on quality and reliability of service.
Your duties Include:
- Continuously look for new methods/ designs/ materials/countries that can improve the supply chain
- Manage and develop internal resources
- Develop strong relationships with Design, R&D, Sales and Operations supporting them to meet their company objectives and goals.
- Continuously monitoring and reporting on future markets and trends
- Identify and manage critical materials and services required to support company strategy in key performance areas
- Developed supply options and contingency plans
- Focused on real time demand - efficient and lean purchasing, manufacturing and delivery reducing customer lead times and improving effectiveness and quality.
You will have:
- Proven experience of managing a purchasing department and working alongside markets throughout Europe and Asia.
- Must have experinece of identifying and procuring new suppliers from the Far East and Europe.
- Highly developed negotiating and relationship building skills
- Ideally have achieved CIPS Qualification or be working towards
- Experience working within the Metal / Steel industry would be highly desirable
- Be a strategic thinker
- Focused on continuous improvement
- Supplier sourcing experience
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right individual, to join a growing company that offers career progression.
If you are interested in this role and feel that you have the relevant experience please forward your CV and cover note to Gemma Edwards.