This Cornwall based business is one of the UK’s leading food processing business and supplies both UK and European retailers and wholesalers with a broad range of fresh and frozen products. They operate from state-of-the-art processing facilities and have enjoyed considerable growth both in terms of revenue and reputation over recent years. Due to expansion, they are now looking to recruit a highly driven Commercial Manager to be based in their Head Office in Central Cornwall. This is a newly created role reporting to the Commercial Director and represents an excellent career development opportunity for a graduate calibre individual with high level trading and account management experience. It requires someone who is not content to rest on their laurels and who will strive for improvements across every aspect of the operation they manage. This business has a strong track record for investing in technology, sustainability, innovation and staff training.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To buy and sell mixed food products to the existing supply base, both retail (including multiples) and wholesale
- Secure new sources of product and customers to generate sales growth throughout the UK, Europe and globally, (both individually and as a team member)
- Responsibility for dry goods purchasing (packaging) & negotiations
- Stock management (products & dry goods)
- Assist as required in office duties associated with the role
- Build and maintain relationships with suppliers and customers in order to maximise profitability
- Undertake UK and European travel as required (around 1-2 trips per quarter)
- Ideally knowledge gained within a food business (fresh short life products preferable)
- Commercial awareness and demonstrable trading experience (buying & selling) important
- Able to work under pressure and short time frames
- Quick thinking and decisive
- Highly numerate
- Flexible, driven and willing to learn
- Able to work under own initiative but also as a team member
- Full driving licence is essential and must be able to travel when required
- A desire to deliver results and the drive to exceed expectations.
- Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Be confident using Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- The ability to multitask
- Strong ability to control and deliver KPIs : profit, sales, stockholding, product availability
- The ability to speak another European language (ideally French) would be an asset, although is not essential
- Competitive salary (dependent on experience)
- Relocation assistance
- Bonus scheme (c10%)
- 32 days holiday (incl. bank holidays)
- Pension (5% contributory matched)
- Life insurance x 3