Bid Writer - Travel Industry Experience
Bid Writer - Travel Industry, London, £40K - £50k
Our client who is an award winning Business Travel Agency who have continues to grow in the last 24 months despite fierce competition. Due to this growth they are now looking to employ a Bid Writer - Travel Industry. The right candidate will work with a group of approximately 18 sales and account management professionals with mixed levels of skills and experience as well as the Executive Team.
The responsibilities of the Bid Writer - Travel Industry are:
- Primarily write and produce tenders from 1st draft to final submission.
- Involved in project managing the tender process as well as developing the commercial proposition
- Strong functional support across marketing, finance, technology and management.
- Develop and maintain the tender library content and lead best practice in the quality of collateral and content available for bid submission.
- Co-ordinate and respond to bids including PQQ responses, ITT responses and presentations, undertaking research where necessary in order to set the context of the piece to the business travel clients wider needs or challenges
- Deliver consistently high quality, interesting and ultimately winning proposals
- Ensure the quality assurance of all written submissions, ensuring factual correctness and relevant to the Business Travel sector with a consistency of sales messages
Skills required of the Bid Writer - Travel Industry are:
- Business to business service organisation/sector experience
- Experience in medium – large businesses, tendering for 3-5 year contracts, value £3m - £30m contract value
- Excellent and demonstrable tender composition and compiling skills – writing must fit with brand editorial style (precise but personal, reflective of the client’s needs and experience in travel)
- Experience in leading the development and management of a tendering process and creating a knowledge base
- Proven ability to collaborate to produce a quality product
- Strong personal organisation, good interpersonal skills and comfortable in providing direction and leadership to the tender team, peer group and other colleagues
- Highly competent in the use of Microsoft office and familiarity with publishing and/.or design tools
- Good commercial acumen, including pricing contracting and legal Ts and Cs
- Project management on specific bids – ability to organise and bring leadership to the tender process from 2 weeks to 6 months
The Bid Writer - Travel Industry role would ideally suit a Successful Bid Writer who has experience working within the travel industry on behalf of corporate clients.
If you wish to apply for the role of Bid Writer - Travel Industry, please click the link below or call Prospects4Corporate Travel on
Alternatively apply online via our website where you can register your CV, get job alerts and see all of our current vacancies.