Regional Commodities Manager Die casting
Due to continued growth, my automotive client are recruiting for a full-time, permanent Regional Commodities Manager to join their Purchasing team. The successful candidate will join the team at their state of the art manufacturing facility based on the outskirts of Portsmouth. This post reports to the Regional Purchasing Director, and my client are looking to fill this post as soon as possible.
This challenging, senior-level post will require the postholder to:
- Undertake purchasing research for key commodities/products to support the local and regional requirements.
- Undertake raw material cost and trend tracking.
- Source profiling and database management.
- Track cost reduction programmes in conjunction with the regional operating companies
- Assist in the Supplier Development process to ensure success internally/externally.
- Make vs Buy analysis as required and with the support of regional operating companies.
- Prepare, submit and analyse Request for Quote for nominated commodity/ies, including, where appropriate, production, tooling, and equipment.
- Review, analyse and negotiate contracts, consistent with the authorized global and regional strategy, within budgetary limitations, scope of authority and collaboratively with regional operating companies.
- Represent the purchasing department as appropriate in cross functional teams such as New Project introduction.
- Provide input, with justification, with regard to forecast spend and Purchase price variance data for the commodity under management.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum 5 years Purchasing or Engineering in a relevant, fast-paced industry (Automotive, Aerospace, Marine)
- Previous experience / knowledge of die casting
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in Engineering
- Exposure to Supplier Development principles.
- Supply chain and cost structure
- Advanced Product Quality Process
- Product Part Approval Process
- Quality Principles with expertise in problem resolution
- OEM Automotive Systems and Procedures
- Supply Chain Management
- Strong Negotiation skills.
- Experience in cost down activities both internally and external to the business.
- Knowledgeable in Automotive quality systems and requirements (i.e. TS16949).
- Working knowledge of international trade rules and regulations as required.
- Ability to read, analyse, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Working knowledge to read, analyse and interpret Technical component drawings.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence for Senior Management review.
- Ability to act and behave strategically and in doing so contribute meaningfully to strategic business discussion and development.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management TO SUPPLIERS.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Due to the nature of this role, you must be prepared to travel internationally at least twice a month as required.