Design and Estimating Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Design and Estimating Manager to join a phenomenal business based in Gloucester. It is a full time, permanent opportunity offering an extremely competitive salary and a company car. You will be responsible for all aspects of the design and estimating requirements of the business, as well as ensuring compliance with all relevant regulations and standards.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Design and Estimating Manager:
Management and Direct Involvement of Bid Process
o To effectively manage department workload including bid/no-bid process
o To ensure effective communication with the Sales Team for Tender submission.
o To create and issue bids for targeted project and opportunities.
o To ensure all relevant information is available to the Operations Team for the Tender Handover process.
o To support the Operations Team from Contract Review through to project completion.
o Ensure we are aware of the latest regulations and ensure that bids / offers are in line with compliance.
o Stay aware of advances in technologies and systems within our chosen fields.
o To be responsible for reviewing all contract and tender conditions and provide guidance on required qualifications and exclusions to bids.
Management of the Design Function & Team
- Day to day line management of the Design & Estimating Team.
- To be responsible for the Continued Professional Development of the D&E team both remote and office based.
- To review bids to ensure compliance and clients requirements are met.
- Liaise with key suppliers for product awareness and issue resolution when required.
Strategic / Development
- To assist in the strategic direction of the Company as part of the Management Team.
- To ensure team members are aware of the Company Vision and how they can contribute.
- Costing spreadsheet maintenance / development
- Assisting NJ in development of data sheet auto collation / cctv cam views etc
- Tracker - statistics production / analysis
- Technical / compliance reference for design team and site - all systems less so data / AV)
- Standard quote doc management / development
- Distributor / manufacturer relations / technical assessment
- Attend clients with BDM at any stage
- Manage client’s expectations ref return dates
- Assist ASM with "trickier" ASM bids
- Managing AK workload / priorities
- IS management
- Cost planning
- Large formal bids (Wimb/ MMH / TH)
- MS project knowledge
- Site knowledge / PM ing
- Reasonable knowledge of contract law / principles
Qualifications/ Experience required:
- Detailed experience of the industry and associated technologies
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Project
- Experience of contracting and formal tender processes including sealed bids, negotiation with client.
- The ability to assimilate large amounts of data to extract the relevant details
- To be able to effective lead a team, both face to face and remote workers.
- Able to challenge information.
- There will be requirements to attend site and client premises both in the UK and abroad.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, APPLY NOW or call Molly at RE Resource Group