Director of Quality / Head of Quality FE, HE, Education, Qual
Cordant Recruitment are working in partnership with a well known qualifications awarding body (HE, FE, Apprenticeships, vocational & non vocational) recruiting for an experienced Director of Quality / Head of Quality to join their expanding organisation providing leadership, specialist expertise & driving forward the quality of service provision they offer nationally.
If you are experienced within a similar Quality Senior Management / Director role within the qualifications awarding body, education or further education then this could be the fresh rewarding challenge you have been looking for within an innovative business that invests heavily in its employees, promoting that modern work life balance & promoting a vibrant working atmosphere
If this sounds like you, then please read on..............
Director of Quality / Head of Quality Job Specification:
Overview of the role:
Providing leadership, specialist expertise and strategic direction to the following:
Development, delivery and awarding of the product portfolio to ensure a fully compliant outcome that meets the needs of our centres and learners
Quality assurance and quality support functions, ensuring compliance with all Regulators and Regulatory requirements
Examinations and assessments compliance, both within the UK and in future, internationally, in accordance with all policies and procedures
To inspire, lead and motivate the employees within your areas of responsibility to live the values of the company and operate in a high performing inspirational culture
Support senior management team colleagues to achieve their objectives
- To be accountable for the strategic direction of the quality function, including compliance with the regulatory criteria across all Regulators
- To be accountable for the strategic direction of the product development function for regulated and non-regulated products, including strict adherence to regulatory requirements where appropriate
- Act as the Principal Officer to the Quality and Standards and Access to HE Committees.
Setting the strategic direction for, and overseeing the management and development of the following:
- the quality assurance processes through risk based quality monitoring, ensuring a
- model of continuous improvement of the quality model
- the centre recognition and qualification approval process.
- regulated qualifications, including meeting external assessment and quality assurance compliance requirements, and appropriate validation panel compliance for Access to HE
- non-regulated products, ensuring non-regulated provision is appropriate to customer needs
- apprenticeship end-point assessments and other apprenticeship assessments in a manner which is compliant with the relevant Regulatory bodies, including the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
- partner organisations who deliver on behalf of Gateway qualifications
- Taking responsibility for, and overseeing the following:
- managing the self-evaluation process, including the completion of the annual statements of compliance report and other reporting requirements for all Regulators within the agreed timescales and ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements
- managing all audit requirements for all Regulators, ensuring successful outcomes for all audit processes
- ensuring all systems and processes in relation to the Quality function, internal and external, are current, appropriate and documented,
- managing the internal self-assessment process to support continuous improvement as an integral part of the company's systems
- ensuring the management and delivery of qualification assessments and examinations, in accordance with the various Regulator's requirements
- ensuring the proper management of externally contracted assessment resources, including principal examiners, assessors, external verifies and consultants
- ensuring the appropriate monitoring and reporting on efficiency of assessments and related systems ensuring clear recommendations for change and enabling timely improvements and continuous development
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Degree in a related subject or equivalent extensive experience in the education sector
- At least 3 years' successful experience in the further education or awarding sectors in a senior quality role
- Experience of people management in a positive developmental culture
- Experience of managing internal and external assessment processes
- Experience and proven track record of leading compliance requirements and regulatory audits successfully in a similar environment
- Experience and knowledge? of a wide range of qualifications including vocational, English, Maths and
- Leading or managing Access to HE provision is preferred
- Experience of leading audits in a regulated environment, such as Ofqual, QAA, Ofsted
- Experience of leading investigations to identify issues and propose resolution
This role could suit someone working in a Head of Quality, Quality Director, Senior Quality Manager, Quality Manager, Principal Quality Manager, Quality Lead, Quality & Compliance Manager, Quality Consultant, Compliance & Legislation Manager, Compliance & Legislation Director, Director of Quality role within the education awarding bodies sector or further education / higher education
The role would suit someone residing in the following areas: Ipswich, Felixstowe, Colchester, Southend on Sea, Chelmsford, Witham, Braintree, Harwich, Clacton on Sea, Frinton on Sea, Bishops Stortford, Harlow, Essex.
Please not our client will also consider supporting relocation for those outside of these commutable areas
PMP Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.