Higher Learning Teaching Assistant
Job Title: Higher Learning Teaching Assistant
Salary: £20,456 - £27,394
Grade: C2 (point 22 - 31)
Job Start: June 2017
37 hours a week for 39 per year
This school is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Higher Learning Teaching Assistant to undertake responsibilities as a member of the teaching support function within an academy.
YOU AS A CANDIDATE
- Will ensure that high standards of pastoral support are maintained against the background of the policies, plans practices and procedures relating to the Academy/school within the context of the vision, ethos, aims and goals of the Trust.
- NVQ Level 3 or HTLA status
- Other relevant qualifications (e.g. Foundation Degree in Education)
- Experience of working with children with additional educational needs
- Working with children who have specific special/EAL needs
- Training or expertise in a relevant curriculum or other learning area (e.g. ICT, maths or literacy)
- Promote positive behaviour patterns, raise self-esteem and improve independent working in children to assist in their education and growth.
This is our core business and therefore it is an absolute priority. Although this role is not a direct teaching role you are expected to support all teaching staff, irrespective of seniority, to ensure they concentrate on the core business. This may mean undertaking tasks outside of your area of responsibility where required.
The school has a strong ethos of student welfare therefore any successful applicant will undergo a full enhanced criminal record check (DBS). For more information please contact Esther at Capita Education Resourcing on or email your CV