Job Role - Planning Consultant - Salary 20 - 25k - Negotiable subject to experience
We are looking for a dynamic and energetic individual who will be able to act as our planning consultant. This individual will consult, prep and co-ordinate all planning applications ready for submission and follow up after decision. They will be able to negotiate and have strong communication skills and have the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
Caridon Developments creates homes and enhances revenue. We are one of the fastest-growing property development businesses in the South East, driven by expertise and enterprise.
From permitted development conversions to new build and lease negotiations, we boost capital in every project we undertake and work with partners to identify new opportunities in prime locations across London and beyond. We are part of the award-winning Caridon Group of companies.
We are multi-faceted, multi-skilled, diverse and dynamic with a reputation for professionalism and vision. We also have an impressive track record.
We are acquisition-driven and have a wealth of ongoing and completed projects in our portfolio. We are continually looking for new opportunities and work with land agents and commercial property agents to source property suitable for conversion.
- Liaising with external planning consultants
- Monitor the progress and quality of work being performed by design disciplines/trades
- Review field inspection from Consultants throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Research and analyze data to help inform strategic developments, such as increases in affordable housing provision
- Research and design planning policies to guide development
- Develop creative and original planning solutions to satisfy all parties
- Designs layouts and draft design statements
- Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project information to the client and project team
- Prepping planning applications and submission through to decision notice
- Assess planning applications and monitor outcomes as necessary
- Checking all planning conditions and ensure they are discharged when required
- Follow up whether planning is approved or refused
- Writing reports, often of a complex nature, which make recommendations or explain detailed regulations
- Liaise with main contractors, architect and other stake holders to ensure all conditions have been discharged prior to commencement on site
- Keep up to date with latest legislation associated with land use
- To ensure health and safety issues are addressed throughout a project
- Travel to different sites
- Planning degree or equivalent qualification
- 1 to 2 years planning experience
- Experience of relevant planning legislation
- Effective communication, including verbal and written skills
- Negotiation and relationship building skills
- Stakeholder engagement
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same times
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail