Personal Tax Senior, Birmingham - SUPERB ROLE to £32,000
McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a Top Regional Accounting Firm who are looking for a Personal Tax Senior to join their growing team near Walsall. Reporting to one of the Tax Directors, the role is a personal tax compliance & advisory position that would suit a qualified ACCA/ACA or ideally qualified ATT/CTA tax specialist from another Accounting Firm, specialist Law Firm or Tax Boutique. The position is available as a full-time or part-time role depending on the preference of the applicant. Key duties include:
Personal Tax Senior
- Preparing personal tax / self-assessment returns for a variety of company directors, HNWI’s and entrepreneurs (portfolio of around 200/250)
- Managing various tax compliance projects that include stamp duty land taxes, inheritance tax and capital gains
- Reviewing varied personal tax returns in order to provide relevant advisory services, and submitting self-assessment tax returns to HMRC
- Keeping personal tax clients up to date with progress, advising them of internal deadlines, payment amounts and dates for HMRC
- Reviewing the tax computation work prepared by junior members of staff
- Liaising with HMRC in relation to any potential tax investigations and managing risk within the business
- Ensuring all personal tax assignments are completed within agreed budgets
To be considered for the role you should have broad experience in a personal tax role and be used to dealing with a wide variety of taxes - property, savings, inheritance, general income, land taxes, capital gains etc. Experience of overseeing junior staff would be preferred, along with being able to manage your own portfolio of tax clients. You should have a strong team work ethic and exceptional relationship building skills, work well under pressure yet still deliver on time and budget.
On offer is a salary up to £32,000 with excellent benefits including 20 days holiday, pension scheme and flexible benefits. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Midlands) Office by telephone or via email at admin@ mcginnisloy.com
For other opportunities in Finance & Accounting, HR Services or Public Practice within the Thames Valley, London & Midlands please visit our website at www.mcginnisloy.com. McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act.
Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile