High Level Teaching Assistant HLTA
High Level Teaching Assistant
Experienced HLTA looking to further develop skill set and utilise your experience within a vibrant Primary School? We are currently assisting a well positioned Academy in Huddersfield in appointing an experienced and enthusiastic HLTA to their permanent team as soon as possible.
A group of lovely, engaging and driven pupils, the class the post will be appointed to is a Year 3 group. The role will be made up of the following Key Responsibilities:
- Leading small groups of pupils or whole classes
- Establish relationships with other professionals or agencies to support work of pupils
- Attending staff meetings and contributing to the development of the school
- Assisting teachers in offering guidance to support staff
- Preparing and developing resources for learning activities
- Reporting on the progress made by pupils
- Comply with and assist with the development of policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- Be aware of and support difference and ensure all pupils have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop
- Implement agreed learning activities/teaching programmes, adjusting activities according to pupil responses/needs
- Actively seek information regarding, and utilise, the range of activities, courses, organisations and individuals to provide support for pupils to broaden and enrich their learning
- Determine the need for, prepare and use specialist equipment, plans and resources to support pupils
- Sharing knowledge and working in partnership with parents as appropriate
- Preparing for and attending termly pupil progress meetings as required
- Preparing for and attending annual reviews for statement children as appropriate
- Working with other members of the inclusion team
The successful candidate will bring the following skills and attributes, along with a genuine love for children.
- HLTA Qualified or studying
- Experience in a similar role is desirable
- Has brilliant organisation skills
- Can communicate effectively and confidently
- Can prioritise workload and work competently in pressured situations
- Able to differentiate between different learning styles
- Can confidently assist the teacher in taking small groups or even taking the whole class on occasions
- Is friendly and has a calm and approachable manner
This is a brilliant role and will allow an individual to grow and develop into an outstanding HLTA. Providing a lot of support, the teacher is encouraging and enjoys getting staff involved in delivering lessons and activities.
If you think you would be suitable for this post, please apply now and we will consider your details.