My Client a Leading Retail Business in the Central London is looking for a Management Accountant to join their head office team.
Reporting to the Financial Controller the Management Accountant will be responsible for:
- Month End - completing month end reconciliations and analysis for reporting. Including, sales reconciliations, accruals, prepayments, and intercompany reconciliations
- Stock reconciliations - performing detailed reviews and reconciliations of month end stock levels, building relationships with Operations and Merchandising teams to ensure accurate reporting
- Gross margin analysis - reviewing and reporting channel and product margins and other associated costs
- Financial Year End and Audit - supporting the audit and statutory financial statements process
- Budgeting and Forecasting - assisting in the production of the forecasts for the Group
- Cash flow forecasting - contributing to weekly and monthly currency cash flow projections
- Departmental and Board reporting and analysis - producing and communicating numbers to cost centre and commercial heads as well as assisting with the generation of Board reports
- Quarterly VAT returns - reconciliation and submission
- Developing robust internal financial controls in areas of responsibility
- Proactively explore and make recommendations for process improvement in finance and across the business
- Ad hoc finance projects
Successful candidates will bright 2:1 or above degree graduates who are studying towards ACCA or CIMA qualification. Candidates must have experience within the Retail industry, with a minimum of 2 years working as an Assistant Accountant and assisted with management accounts. Good Excel skills are essential.