We have an exciting new role for a Complaints Handler working for a retail bank based in Chatham, Kent offering up to £23,000. The key purpose of this role is to ensure that all complaints are handled in accordance with the Bank's Internal Complaints Handling Policy and Procedures. Working with staff across the business to address process weaknesses both in the UK and India.
Responsibilities for the role of Complaints Handler
- Ensure good customer service is provided to complainants and ensure they are aware of the of the Bank's complaints procedures.
- Acknowledging, drafting and sending out complaints promptly and responding to them within set time limits, systematically and fairly
- Resolving customers' queries within agreed authority, investigating the cause of individual complaints and where required gathering information from relevant departments and reviewing sales documentation
- Making recommendations for fair, impartial decisions on whether to uphold a complaint in line with the Bank's policies and set mandates.
- Ensure complaints are managed in line with TCF and FCA regulation considerations ensuring complaints are managed fairly, accurately and clearly
- Calculating redress and compensation in line with regulatory and FOS guidelines
- Identify actions to address the cause of complaints and maintain an action tracker to ensure appropriate action is taken.
- Make suggestion to improve processes and documentation to reduce complaints.
- Preparing management information and reports for management review.
- Preparing case submissions and Business Response forms to the Financial Ombudsman Service for management sign off.
Experience required for the role of Complaints Handler
- Previous complaints handling experience working in a financial services environment is essential
- Prior experience working in a banking environment within a customer facing role is desirable.
- Experience working in a customer service environment is desirable
- Previous experience in a secured loans and second charge lending environment is desirable
- Basic understanding of the FCA's regulatory framework for handling customer complaints and Treating Customers Fairly is essential.
- Basic knowledge of ethical standards, including an understanding of the BCOBS, MCOBS and DISP is desirable
- Basic knowledge re the investigation and resolution of PPI or MPPI claims is essential.
- GSCE/GCE qualifications in both maths and English are essential
- Institute of Financial Services Level 3 certificate in Regulated Complaint Handling (CeRCH) is desirable
- Institute of Financial Services Level 3 certificate in Regulated Customer Care (CeRCC) is desirable
Salary: Between £20,000 - £23,000 with extensive benefits
Location: Chatham, Kent
For more information regarding the role of Complaints Handler please contact us
Stellar Select is acting as an employment agency and is a corporate member of the REC
Due to a high volume of applications, we will only contact you if your application has been successful. We aim to contact all successful contacts within two business days