Group Governance Manager
This is a fantastic opportunity for an inspirational Governance Manager to join a progressive and dynamic organisation at an exciting time of growth and change. The role will report directly to the Director of Compliance and the successful candidate will take responsibility for developing, managing and championing a strong and clear governance and policy framework throughout the group. They will also promote awareness and plan upstream regulatory change, co-ordinating FCA reporting and controlled functions.
Duties and responsibilities
- Creating effective relationships with senior managers whilst supporting them with the group governance and policy framework.
- Managing the Group Policy Framework incorporating regulatory, legislative and other business requirements, whilst considering the ethical values of the business.
- Embedding the Governance and Policy Frameworks throughout the business by engaging successfully with staff of all levels.
- Creating and delivering training and ensuring a high level of awareness and consistent use of policy and process is adhered to throughout the organisation.
- Channel communications with regulators such as the ICO and FCA, supporting senior managers with their responsibilities to associate bodies and interested parties and reporting on these.
- Building a strong partnership with the Group Risk Manager in order to manage regulatory controlled/senior management functions, delivering training, induction and ongoing fitness and propriety.
- generating regular reports
- implementing a dynamic quarterly reporting plan
- providing feedback to the senior Managers and Executives
- controlling internal publication of policies and processes
- Project Management of compliance systems, GDPR, SMCR, thematic reviews, acquisition/integration, investigations and change management as requested by the Director of Compliance.
- Develop positive working relationships with Senior Managers and other Governance, Risk and Compliance team members to focus on goals and strategy objectives.
- To understand the business strategy and operational priorities and confidently discuss policy identification and process strategies.
- Keep updated knowledge of the regulatory and legislative changes affecting the business and stakeholders, horizon scanning and implementation of changes as required.
- Ability to lead, negotiate and inspire others to ensure operational targets are achieved.
- Excellent time management, planning and organisational skills.
- A team player who is a self-motivated and confident working on their own initiative.
- Confident in dealing with senior managers, stakeholders, team members, external service providers and regulators.
- Capable of managing and resolving any issues that arise.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, confident engaging with people and building relationships.
- UK travel will be required from time to time sometimes including overnight stays.
- System and process driven.
Knowledge and skills: essential
- IT literate – Proficient user of Microsoft, Word, Excel (intermediate/advanced for reporting), Outlook and Sharepoint.
- Data Protection legislation and relevant codes of conduct / practice.
- Confident to deliver internal training.
- Presenting and reporting verbal and written factual reports.
- Ability to excel under pressure when working to frequent tight deadlines.
- Detail orientated with the ability to interpret data.
- Knowledge within the Financial Services/Service industry, relevant standards and regulatory footprint.
Knowledge and skills: desirable
- Experience of using databases and generating reports.
- Knowledge of the civil enforcement process or other related industries.
- Good level of general and technical education.
- Professional (Legal/Insurance/Financial/Audit). E.g., IRM, ICA, CSA