Assistant Finance Analyst
Job Title: Assistant Finance Analyst
Location: North East Bristol
Purpose of the role:
To add value to the Finance and Risk Departments and to the wider business through the review, analysis and development of processes, reports and projects. To support IT systems projects, identifying and documenting IT developments to enhance the efficiency and control environment of the business. To assist the Treasury and Project Accountant in the production of internal and external treasury reporting.
Specific duties to include:
- Complete the Daily Cash Flow Forecast.
• Assist with the processing and reporting required for the monthly Securitization scheme
• Manage the Lombard Funding Scheme ensuring that liabilities and assets are suitably matched and that all repayments and new loans are made/taken out on time.
• Calculate the monthly interest accrual required.
• Assist with the management of the Interest Ratecharts mailbox. Periodically update all live ratecharts.
• KPIs and Ad-hoc Reports
• Net Settlements check for all Interest Rate Swaps
• Co-ordination of Finance Department testing and sign-off
• Fully document new and existing processes, creating step by step instructions for users
• Provision of timely and accurate Management Information including the Preparation of ad hoc Crystal reports as required by Management, with the ultimate aim of becoming another Crystal Reports expert.
• Assist with the creation of the monthly Management Information Pack.
• To understand the benefits of using Sharepoint and implement new processes in Finance that will make use of Sharepoint’s functionality
• Ad hoc queries, tasks or projects which may have a financial impact
• To take ownership of environmental impact and adhere to business environmental practices and procedures specific to role
Skills and experience required:
- This role could suit a Graduate with Maths, Business, Finance related degree, ideally with 1-3 years analytical work experience looking for the next step in their career.
- Crystal reporting writing, VBA, macro and Sharepoint experience advantageous but not a necessity
- Excellent communication skills both face to face, telephone ad written
- Good level of IT literacy skills i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, etc
- Excellent time management & delegation skills
- Personal Organisation
- Able to use own Initiative
- Good problem solving/analytical mind