Job Title:Assistant manager
Hours:2 days: 07:00 - 17:00
3 days: 15:00 - Close
Salary:£23,000 - £25,000
Live in option
Our client, a beautiful and well-established country inn and hotel within the Berkshire countryside, are looking for an Assistant Manager to add to their long standing team. The food being served is of a very high standard and those with expereince of working in similar enviroments will be looked at favourably.
- General day to day running of the business including the hotel
- Managing the business on the general managers absence including locking up and cashing up.
- The opening up of the business and running breakfast shifts (a key part of the business as its usually the last part of our guests stay)
- Training the junior members of the team
- Engaging with guests, personal friendly service and The Pheasants ‘if we can do it we will’ attitude
- Communicating with the kitchen team working as one unit.
- Ensuring daily briefings are taken place to get the team ready for service go through specials, issues, VIPs etc
- Helping with the wet orders and stock takes
- Working closely with the General manager, supervisor and owner to create a clear vison and direction for the team to follow
- Helping create a fun but professional atmosphere in which to work in and dine in, and creating that home from home feeling for our guests
- Driving the business forward and planning events, weekends, general promotion of the business using social media
- 2 or more years of working as management within the sector
- Proven track record of managing gastro pub / restaurant
- Able to work and support all types and levels of staff
- Able to commit to working the shift role requires
- Having a true understand of what it takes to be part of a reputable gastro pub / restaurant
- Excellent administration skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Have own transport
Live in option is available.