HMRC Specialist Investigations Manager
Our client a leading UK firm in accounting audit and tax services are looking for a HMRC specialist investigations manager, to join their growing team in their office based in Central London. The role they are offering will include a wide client base, and a strong remuneration package.
You will have immediate opportunities to work with existing and new clients across a wide range of complex and challenging cases, in order to provide dispute resolution expertise across the practice. In addition you will be working very closely with the tax dispute specialist partner to meet existing client service commitments.
- Business Development Supporting research and development of market ideas and propositions
- Prepare disclosure reports (CDF/COP9 and COP8), including all computational aspects of the report, for submission to HMRC’s Fraud Investigation Service (formerly called Specialist Investigations), delegating appropriate tasks to more junior staff
- Assisting with project management of complex HMRC enquiries and investigations at all stages through to settlement
- Assisting with Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) programmes on behalf of the client
- Assisting with voluntary disclosures on behalf of clients (WDF)
- Dealing with HMRC correspondence including preparation of responses and drafting appropriate correspondence
- Providing tax litigation and Tribunal support services, including instructing and teaming with Counsel
- Liaise directly with clients, contacts and other parties to ensure timely provision of information and work is done according to the desired timescales.
- Attending and minuting client and HMRC meetings
- Managing receivables (billing) and client acceptance procedures
- Internal and External client facing roles
- Experience within tax dispute resolution and dealing with senior HMRC investigators and management (CDF/COP9, COP8, ADR)
- Experience with tax litigation and appeals to the Tribunals (Ideal but not essential)
If you are interested in this HMRC specialist investigations manager role, please apply directly or contact Leon Maulguet at AJ Chambers