MathsTeacher in a Special School
School: Special School, Nottingham
Job title: Teacher of Maths
Start date: September 2017
Salary: MPS/UPS-Plus SEN Allowance
This school requires a Maths teacher to provide high quality support for specific classes across the curriculum for pupils with SEN. The school provides full-time education for pupils with social, emotional and mental health difficulties aged between nine and 17 years old. The school is registered to admit up to 54 pupils and there are currently 25 pupils on the school roll. Currently, the school has pupils from 12 local authorities across England and is rated Good for Education and Outstanding for care.
The school is a friendly and supportive environment and a rewarding place to work. Every member of staff participates in enabling the students to learn and to aspire to achieve meaningful independence.
The staff at the school always place young people at the centre of all decisions it takes and it has a relentless focus on achieving the best possible outcomes for every student.
The successful candidate will have:
- Fully qualified teacher with QTS
- Experience working with and supporting children with varying levels of special educational needs
- At least 6 months recent experience in a UK school
- Experience leading on general support duties including behaviour and learning
- Ability to relate well to children and to adults and to work as part of a team
- Patience, reliability, flexibility and optimism
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of young people. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced criminal records check (DBS).
For further information, please contact John Byrne on .