Age UK are seeking a Research Officer to join our Influencing division, to develop, update and maintain a range of statistical resources and tools. You will be part of a team who support all divisions across Age UK and local Age UKs, to understand older people and ageing issues at national and local levels.
- To source local, national and international statistics and data on age-related issues
- Maintain, develop and promote Age UK’s statistical database
- Improve the value, quality and accessibility of local intelligence to support Age UK and local Age UKs
- To communicate accurate statistical information to the public and colleagues in a variety of user-friendly formats
- Assist the Media Team in commissioning polls, interpreting results and including statistics in press releases.
- Contribute to Age UK’s evidence reviews and evaluations on ageing topics for the organisation, local Age UKs and wider external audiences.
Skills and experience:
- Experience of quantitative data analysis
- Dataset management and manipulation.
- Accurate and effective use of statistical and research evidence.
- Project management
- Excellent numeracy and proficient use of packages for quantitative analysis including Stata and/or R and Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of supporting complex research activities, alone or with colleagues, and to set priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to assimilate new research concepts and techniques quickly.
- Ability to support colleagues, with a commitment to internal communication and helping others meet shared goals.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills to support non-specialist users of data with interpretation and presentation.