Accounts Assistant / Accounts Payable - 10 Month FTC
Our client is a very successful commodity trading house with overseas operations across the globe.
Due to maternity leave, we are offering an opportunity for an Accounts Assistant to work on a 10 month contract. The role will involve working closely with the Accounting team and the business functions in the London office, covering Accounts Payable and accounting activities.
- Processing overhead invoices from receipt to sign off and approval for payment
- Booking payments in Navision, ensuring correct coding for accounting & cost reporting
- Resolving invoice queries with suppliers
- Processing of expenses and liaison with HR for payment
- Maintenance of petty cash, cheques & credit cards, including monthly accounting
- Maintenance of overhead log, AP Inbox and timely filing and maintenance
- Provide back up for the TMS (payment system) for Treasury function
- Assist with monthly accounting activities such as fixed assets, cash reconciliations, intercompany process, accruals & prepayments.
- Contribute to relevant projects
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Existing accounts payable experience essential
- Working knowledge of Excel and Navision (or similar Accounts system)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Well organised attention to detail and must be a self-starter
- Willingness & ability to identify opportunities for process improvement