Interim Accounts Assistant - Financial Services
Our client an Investment / Venture Capital business requires an Accounts Assistant to join their Group team on a 6 month, fixed-term contract. They're a vibrant, growing business in Central London. While experience within a Financial Services business would be helpful, we are totally open to talking to candidates from all sectors.
This is a great opportunity for candidates who are looking to develop their skills in a growing business.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure efficient and effective facilitation of payment requests as directed by Operations, including inter-account client money transfers and commission payments to external partie
- Daily preparation of cash journals entries into SUN systems.
- Facilitate timely and effective processing of expense claims for employees of the business
- Responsible for preparing client cash movements on HSBCnet as instructed by Operations, and ensuring strict adherence with CASS rules, policies and procedures
- Undertake daily client money checks on the Octopus trading bank accounts, ensuring a daily sign-off by either the Finance Manager or Financial Controller
- Raising sales invoices
- Bank reconciliations
- Opening/closing of new bank accounts
- Experience in using SUN systems preferred
Ideal Person Must:
- Respond quickly to changing work demands
- Work effectively with peers in teams and engage in giving and receiving feedback with colleagues
- Work efficiently and communicate in a professional manner. Be able to manage multiple tasks and documents processes and procedures
- Work in an open and honest way
- Integrate with other teams
- Manage their own time effectively
- Meet deadlines.
- Communicate issues effectively
This role is ideally suited to a part- qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CA, CIMA or equivalent).
Candidates must have excellent communication skills, be prepared to get stuck in whilst also seeing the overall picture. This business offers an excellent collaborative culture and the opportunity to work closely with senior stakeholders. Candidates must be immediately available