Senior Media Account Executive
Since it was founded in 2003, Fundamental Media has grown substantially becoming a leading specialist in media consultancy and advisory services. With a global reach from the UK and Europe, Asia and the Middle East to the Americas, Fundamental Media works exclusively across the financial industry providing media intelligence, planning and buying. We have been recognised as one of the London Stock Exchange’s "1000 Companies to Inspire Britain" for two years running.
We now have a vacancy for a Senior Media Account Executive who would report to a Media Account Director and whose role would be to support the media team from the London office for our international advertising/digital marketing accounts and in particular, for Europe and Asia.
Joining the international media team, you will play a vital role planning and buying across all media channels but mostly digital, print and out of home. The role will entail working across a number of key advertising/digital marketing client accounts across different channels in the international marketplace and advising on media strategy, as well as planning and buying in the following sectors: asset management, securities services, investment banking and private banking. It will be your excellent client management skills that ensures outstanding outcomes for your clients.
In addition to the above, the successful candidate will also be responsible for the following duties:
- Developing strategic recommendations and innovating impactful solutions for our advertising/digital marketing client accounts;
- Developing bespoke media plans and/or attending client meetings.
- Devising, implementing and running innovative media/advertising campaigns in line with client requirements;
- Building strong relationships with clients;
- Managing of budgets in line with media/advertising strategy and ensuring that monthly spend is on target;
- Producing monthly reports for clients containing a robust description of monthly activity, suitable advice and recommendations and a clear summary of performance against the key performance indicators and metrics agreed with the client.
The successful candidate should be a Senior Media Account Executive / Senior Media Planner / Senior Media Buyer or similar, who can also meet the following requirements:
- Extensive experience of working in a similar media buying / planning role and of undertaking the duties of the position (as outlined above) to a high standard;
- Experience of liaising with and presenting face to face recommendations to clients;
- Demonstrable experience in devising media strategies;
- Analytical, with the ability to interpret information, news, data and research quickly - and distil the most important/relevant information for intelligent strategic development;
- Demonstrable ability to devise, implement and run innovative media/advertising campaigns across client accounts in line with the clients’ goals and objectives;
- Familiarity with a variety of third party tools to compile and draw insight from company-specific, sector-specific and generic industry data, in order to better understand user trends and behaviour and add context to the performance of each account;
- In depth understanding of the products, competition, industry, marketing goals and objectives of each of your clients within their relevant territories;
- Strong digital media experience particularly display, content marketing and social media;
- Well-honed negotiation skills;
- Experience gained in a financial services company or on financial services accounts and an appetite to work specifically in this sector;
- Good interpersonal skills with demonstrable experience in building client and media owner relationships;
- Proactive and highly organised, with strong time management and planning skills;
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure;
- Willingness and ability to travel overseas
- Excellent verbal and written communication and reporting skills;
- Fluent in written and spoken English with a high level of written and spoken Mandarin and/or Cantonese to work with our team based in Hong Kong and/or working on mainland China activity.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a strong work ethic looking to join a fast-moving, fast growing and forward thinking company where you have a significant opportunity to develop. We are looking to hear from like-minded professionals with great ideas and a can-do attitude.
If you are interested please send a covering letter explaining why you would be suited for this role, and your CV by Monday, 5th June 2017.