Office Manager / School Manager
An outstanding independent school in Greenwich (SE3) is looking for a flexible and reliable Office Manager / School Manager to join their friendly team of staff. The successful Office Manager / School Manager will be required to lead and co-ordinate all administrative functions in order to assist in the smooth running of the school. This full-time Office Manager position is available immediately and will be appointed on a permanent basis with a salary dependent on the experience of the candidate starting at £24,000.
About the Role
- Office Manager / School Manager
- Full time permanent position (Monday - Friday, 8am - 4pm)
- Starting immediately as the current Office Manager would like a handover
- 25 days annual leave to be taken during school holidays plus bank holidays
- Personal Assistant (PA) to the Headmaster including organising and managing their diary
- Take shorthand notes in meetings with parents/staff
- Manage and oversee office and accounts staff
- Manage HR files including writing letters of employment, contracts and recording employment checks
- Manage and record staff absence and cover
- Handle reception enquiries by phone and in person
- Liaise with maintenance staff to ensure emergency repairs are dealt with swiftly
- Carry out Barred List checks for all staff annually and on an ad hoc basis (temporary staff)
- Complete DBS clearances on all staff and ensure they are kept in date
- Preparing Risk Assessments
- Updating Health and Safety Policies
- Helping with organisation of school events
- Salary based on experience starting at £24,000
About the School
- Co-educational independent school for students aged 3 to 11
- Graded `Outstanding` in 2008 Ofsted and `Excellent` in 2014 ISI
- Christian/Evangelical ethos
- Well respected within the community
- Personable staff
- Organic lunches available to purchase on site
- Located in Greenwich and 15-minute walk or a short bus from Blackheath station
In order to be considered for this School Secretary role, you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Previous experience of secretarial duties within a school environment (essential)
- GCSE Grades A - C (or equivalent) including English and Maths (essential)
- ICT literate
- Enjoy working with children
- A high degree of personal and interpersonal skills showing initiative, flexibility, confidentiality, diplomacy and discretion
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent school-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to quoting Job Reference number BXV43962.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.