Business Development Executive - Financial Software
Following significant early success in the UK and Irish markets, my client are now looking to hire a Business Development Executive based at Canary Wharf in London.
Founded in 2001, they are a premier provider of cutting-edge regulatory reporting solutions for the finance sector. Well-established as a key player in the international regulatory reporting sphere, technology partner of choice for major supervisory bodies and multinational groups in the banking and insurance sectors. Today, client base is composed of over 1,800 groups and regulatory authorities globally.
Over the past few years, they have achieved successful expansion into the UK & Irish Markets leveraging its experience as an established regulatory software provider internationally.
Canary wharf is Europe's largest technology accelerator for finance, retail, cyber-security and future cities technology. Joining the London office, the candidate will be part of an enthusiastic and energetic team within a start-up atmosphere.
£35,000 annual salary
£50,000 OTE, uncapped commission
Annual team bonus
The Business Development Executive will be part of the Business Development team. The main aims are to identify, engage and deliver new business in the finance sector to help drive growth and market visibility. This role will be focused on selling regulatory reporting solutions to Banking and Insurance firms across the UK and Ireland.
After 3months of initial business development and training period the position will move into a full account management, 360 role involving working the complete sales cycle and visiting with potential clients. Future potential to become a very senior member of the business as it grows and develops.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Help build position in the UK and Ireland by identifying and booking meetings
- Selling Financial Reporting solutions to Banks and Insurers
- Representing at targeted industry events
- Willingness in the near future to handle and execute the complete sales cycle
- Assist developing and executing responses to queries from prospects and clients which may take the form of informal requests or more formal RFI/RFP documents
- A sound understanding of social media and networking tools (Twitter, LinkedIn etc)
- Scheduling meetings with targeted prospects via telephone/ e-mail
- Preparation and delivery of pre-sales support material
- Attend events and conferences in the city
- Meet customers face to face
Ad Hoc ResponsibilitiesKey Skills and attributes needed
This job is a great opportunity for someone who is ambitious, determined and has a great work ethic. Dynamic in nature, the role places emphasis on using initiative, being accountable and pro-active. Working in a positive 'can do’ environment, the right candidate will relish the chance to progress in an ever-growing sector.
- Highly self-motivated: ability to generate ideas, demonstrate initiative and be target driven
- Ability to be independent in a start-up environment
- Relentless discipline and resilience to new business sales
- Demonstrate success in scheduling meetings with targeted prospects
- Demonstrate track record of new business sales and goal setting
- Experience of being a sales consultant not a sales person
- Demonstrate experience in using Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, Powerpoint) in a professional environment
- Recent sales experience selling software solutions would be advantageous
- Proven track record of achieving sales targets
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal, interpersonal and presentation
- English - Native or as a second language